If you’re uninsured, or unable to claim insurance, you may be eligible for a one-off payment as a contribution towards repairs to your home to make it secure and safe.
To be eligible you must meet all these criteria:
- live in a disaster affected area where this grant is activated
- own or be the mortgagee of the home, caravan or boat
- been living in the home, caravan or boat at the time of the disaster (it was your primary place of residence)
- be uninsured or unable to claim insurance for the structural repairs
- meet the income test (below).