The Regional Skills Relocation Grant is for businesses who are setting up or moving to regional NSW to provide relocation costs to skilled and experienced staff from metropolitan areas.
Assistance is availabale for:
- furniture removal
- travel for immediate family to relocate
- temporary accommodation for up to three months
- furniture storage for up to three months
The NSW Government has committed $10 million for applications over the next four years – $2.5 million will be available each year, providing 250 grants of up to $10,000.
Eligible businesses must be operating in a NSW regional eligible industry and:
- relocating to, or setting up in, Regional NSW and creating at least five ongoing full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs in a regional local community, or
- already operating in Regional NSW and seeking to recruit eligible workers.
The business must be seeking employees that:
- are relocating from a metropolitan area to Regional NSW. Regional residence must be at least 50km from original metropolitan residence and within the same region as the eligible business
- have an occupation that features on the Commonwealth Skilled Occupation List for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa - subclass 491 (see below section)
- are Australian citizens or permanent residents on the date they commence employment.