The South Australian Government has committed $7.5 million over three years towards an industry and government partnership to grow the red meat and wool industries.
The Program will:
- Facilitate the use of agricultural technology by livestock producers, saleyards and processors to improve data based decision making and drive productivity improvements;
- Increase business acumen and skills in business, farm management and data based decision making to help build business resilience;
- Offer the opportunity for producers to learn from each other through membership of technology groups and involvement at demonstration farms;
- Enable producers to demonstrate the safety, welfare and quality of SA produce to meet premium market requirements;
- Improve the biosecurity culture across industry, decreasing the spread of disease, increasing survivability and increasing productivity.