The Australian Government is committed to a $214.9 million National Soil Package that will help implement the 20-year National Soil Strategy.
Aimed at research and development organisations that study and enhance Australian soil health with a focus on:
- Soil carbon
- Soil hydrology
- Soil microbes and nutrients
- the relationship between soil health and root development
The goal of this grant is to:
- fill the current knowledge gap in soil science by providing thorough, high-quality research. The findings are then peer-reviewed and should meet all publishing standards for journals so they can be shared with industry stakeholders
- support research that contributes to the knowledge base necessary to achieve the goals of the National Soil Strategy
- help industry and farmers use research to improve soil health to build productivity and resilience that supports climate change mitigation
To be eligible you must:
- be a research organisation; a company that fits one or more of the following descriptions: research and development corporation; primary industry and scientific organisation; cooperative research centre; state or territory government; corporate Commonwealth entity; university; or public or private research organisation
- have an account with an Australian financial institution.
and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Commonwealth Company
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Incorporated Association.