Tailored Assistance Employment Grants are available to provide funding support to connect working age Indigenous Australians with real and sustainable jobs, as well as assisting Indigenous school students to transition from education into sustainable employment.
Types of activities that may be funded include:
- support for employers to engage and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers into ongoing jobs, including post placement support
- support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers to address barriers to recruitment and improve retention in the workplace
- support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander secondary school students to gain work exposure through School Based Apprenticeship/Traineeship activities
- support to assist school students to transition from education into sustainable employment
- funding for employers to support tertiary students undertaking their first undergraduate degree through cadetship arrangements
- support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander prisoners to transition into employment on their release from prison and
- innovative projects that complement other mainstream, Commonwealth and State/Territory programmes and services
Funding for Tailored Assistance Employment Grants may be prioritised for funding where employment and training related activities target:
- unemployed job seekers (focus is to be on jobactive Stream B and C job seekers or Disability Employment Services)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people not in the labour market; youth and students at risk of disengaging when leaving school
- training that leads to certified and transferrable qualifications
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander prisoners transitioning into employment
- the needs of employers
Applicants seeking Tailored Assistance Employment Grants must demonstrate that funding will go towards structured mentoring and transition to work activities that will directly deliver employment outcomes (jobs), and must identify the demand for the jobs in the organisation, region and/or industry.
Organisations can apply for Tailored Assistance Employment Grant funding at any time. Potential applicants should discuss proposals with the local PM&C Regional Network office or national office if it’s a national proposal in the early stages of development and before preparing an application.