The Value Add Investment Grants (VAIG) Program supports agriculture, food and beverage businesses to invest in the expansion or relocation of their value-adding and manufacturing operations in WA. It also supports the planning of expansion projects through feasibility study grants.
There are two streams:
Capital investment stream
This stream will provide funds to eligible applicants for capital investment projects to expand, diversify or relocate their value-adding and processing operations in WA.
The VAIG is a major competitive grant program designed to build resilience within the agribusiness, food and beverage value-adding industries and reduce WA’s reliance on imported products.
This can include:
- Investments in new manufacturing capability or processing facilities that reduce WA’s reliance on imported products, supports business growth, fosters innovation, and creates jobs
- Investments that improve sustainability, reduce the environmental impact of the manufacturing or processing
- Investment in business operations that value-add to primary production in WA
- Businesses looking to relocate operations to, or expand existing operations in WA
The Feasibility stream will fund eligible applicants for the planning, feasibility and other de-risking activities to support future capital investment decisions. Projects must align to the stated objectives of the VAIG and be ready to commence the project planning and business case phase from August 2022.
A webinar providing further information on the VAIG Round Two and how to apply will be held on:
- Wednesday, 18 May 2022
- 10:00 am to 11:00am
To register your attendance at this webinar, please sign up at Eventbrite.
To be eligible to receive a grant, your application must be related to value-adding to primary production in WA; and the applicant must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be a private sector business (including incorporated trustees), public companies, grower cooperatives, or similar organisations that have an ABN, and are registered for GST
- The project must be located in or looking to relocate to, WA including the Perth-metropolitan area
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding agreement with the WA Government
- Have the financial capacity to fund the minimum cash contribution
- Have been in operation for a minimum of two years (or similar established track record)
- Projects must also comply with requirements subjected to each stream (Capital Investment stream and Feasibility stream).