Young farmers in Victoria can access scholarships of up to $10,000 to help boost skills and implement new on-farm initiatives.
The scholarship aims to support young farmers to build productive and profitable careers in agriculture.
Money is available for young farmers to engage in study and professional development and further funding is available to invest those skills back into the farm or further professional development.
Up to $10,000 is available per scholarship:
- up to $5,000 towards study
- up to $5,000 to invest in putting new skills into practice, with professional development, business planning or other on-farm activities.
- Be aged 35 years or under at the time of the application closing date
- Be working in a food and fibre farm business in Victoria at least three days per week for the past three months
- Have at least two years of total experience on-farm
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria.