AgriFutures Australia is the trading name for Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation (RIRDC).
Our approach is to deliver results that lead to practice change on-farm, greater productivity, profitability sustainability, capacity and wellbeing. We take a commercial approach to research and innovation and actively build strong partnerships and collaborations within industry, government and the private sector. We aim to provide a professional and respected service, and operate with boldness and agility – invest wisely, fail fast, learn quickly.
We are excited and confident about the future of Australian agriculture.
The clear and unyielding mandate of AgriFutures Australia is to grow the long-term prosperity of Australian rural industries through research and innovation.
- We invest in initiatives that attracts capable people into careers in agriculture
- We invest in initiatives that build the capability of future rural leaders, and support change makers and thought leaders.
- We invest in research and analysis to understand and address important issues on the horizon for Australian agriculture.
- We invest in research and development for established industries that do not have their own Research & Development Corporation such as rice, chicken meat, ginger, pasture seeds and honey bee and pollination.
- We invest in research and development to accelerate the establishment and expansion of new rural industries such as quinoa and camel milk.