- This event has passed.
Farmer Exchange Roadshow – Deniliquin
April 18 @ 6:15 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Come along to a relaxed dinner event at The Crossing Cafe to connect with other farmers, learn about the Farmer Exchange, the Farm Table and be one of the first to test this industry-changing service system. We welcome all farmers, farm staff and supporters from across the region to join us.
We are fortunate to be partnering with Murray Local Land Services, Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia and Murray Irrigation for this event and look forward to hearing the latest updates throughout the evening.
Program to include presentations from Murray LLS, RGA, and the Farm Table.
***Light dinner and refreshments provided
We will be hearing from:
- Norm McAllister (Murray LLS Board member)
- Gary Rodda (Murray LLS General manager)
- Adrian Smith (LLS Agronomist): how farmers can utilize MLLS in relation to pastures and topical subjects.
- Scott Ison (LLS Vet): how farmers can utilize Murray LLS in regard to biosecurity and other topical subjects.
- Rachel Kelly (RGA):
- Irrigation policy: how does it all fit together?
- The Murray Darling Basin Plan: What is it and what does it mean for Deniliquin and the broader NSW Murray region?
- Where to from here?
- Airlie Trescowthick (Farm Table)
The Farmer Exchange
Farmer Exchange will be a web application for farmers to collaborate with each other, share knowledge, experiences & best practice, to improve productivity and business success.
Farmer can create a detailed member profile where they can save their interests, experience levels with different systems/enterprises/technologies and information/advice they may be seeking. Based on details a member adds to their profile they will automatically see relevant content and questions.
It is a not for profit project and is free for farmers to use.
Learn more about the Exchange here.
Developed by Deniliquin-based Airlie Trescowthick, the Farm Table, is the first truly national platform that brings together the Australian Agricultural industry’s knowledge and connects farmers in a way never seen before.
Its central tenets are:
- Build: Agricultural resource & knowledge library
- Boost: National training, events and grants database
- Accelerate Agricultural technology, product & software hub
- Exchange: Online agricultural community.
The Farmer Exchange will launch at the end of April 2018 following a national roadshow to farmers starting at the end of March, where the team will visit NSW (Riverina, and Northern NSW), South Western Victoria, South Australia, Southern QLD, Tasmania and the Great South region of WA.
Find all roadshow dates here.
Funded by the Australian Government’s Farm Co-operatives & Collaboration Pilot Program (Farming Together), together with AgriFutures Australia (formally the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation) and Farm Table. The Farming Together program funds projects that enable increased collaboration in Australian Agriculture, ultimately leading to improved farm profitability and returns.
Particular thanks to Murray Local Land Services, Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia Inc and Murray Irrigation for the support of this event.